Definitely. I heartily agree.
Sometimes you have to compromise though so that you can get people to hear your issues.
The fact that some feminists are even noticing shit’s not prefect for men at all is a small victory.
One step at a time, my friend. One step at a time.
I wonder how feminists will react to this
Probably ignore it then go back to making male tears mugs and gifs
Actually this is a very common idea among feminists
It’s something feminists have been talking about for years it’s called toxic masculinity and it’s one of the common threads among the topic of ‘Patriarchy hurts men too’. If fact the first time I read about toxic masculinity was on a feminist blog.
If you actually read things feminists talk about instead of straw manning them you might know this but OH WELL
It isn’t straw manning when they literally reply to posts like this with making male tear mugs or calling men “cis fuckboy scum”. It has happened before. Of course, there are some apparently logical feminists like spiderkiss (I’m too lazy to check your blog’s history, so we’ll go off what you wrote in this post), but there are some very vocal ones who are not.
As an aside, fuckboy is the funniest insult I’ve ever been called. How is it supposed to be offensive? It just sounds adorable. Like, I just want to giggle at people who use it.
It’ll be a great day when Feminists, MRAs, and gender egalitarians all realize they should be allies and work together since they have similar goals, but each group only gets to experience the crazies from the other groups.
A mother who admitted killing her three disabled children will not face trial for murder after her manslaughter plea was accepted.
This is all too common.
She’s saying she’s not a feminist because it discriminates and here you are literally discriminating her for not being a feminist. Thanks for being a living example of why it is an unnecessary discriminating movement.
these are both still male dominated like……….this is wrong this is not more women than men look its plain and simple wtf
Men, despite dominating STEM fields, demonstrating that they do not even have a basic grasp on math.
for one thing OP posted a purposefully misleading screenshot
WE’RE SO SURPRISED
If you are in Japan and you are refused service at a bar/shop/anywhere because you are not Japanese, that is racist right? Would it stop being racism if you were white?
Also, here is one picture, I bet I could find a ton more.
- Mod Helga
I love how the Japanese text on this literally reads “forbidden for foreigners”, whereas the English just says “Japanese only”. That only makes it worse, wow.
As someone who lives here, I can vouch this is a thing. Luckily I’ve rarely run across it, my city is a bit more international than most. The Japanese concept of racism really almost does not exist in terms of having social lashback and priority as western democracies put on it.
Here, you can have signs like these which are quite akin to “whites only” signs of the 1960s USA. If you have such a sign you’ll probably never meet any call out on it at all, unlike the US or UK etc where you’d be ostracised right away and may even make the local news for being such a bigot. No matter what you’d get shut down either being forced to allow all races or your business would fail. Not even the worry of such a thing here in Japan.
I laugh in the face of anyone who dares tell me “you can’t be racist against white people”.
This is fucking crazy…I always knew that people in Japan were a little more conserved and personal when it came to “their own people,” but this is really shocking to me lol. Segregation pls
I’ve seeen japanese SJWs on this site say “omg this isn’t racism it’s only race based discrimination only white people can be racist!” whether its talking about stuff like this or Comfort Women or the Rape of Nanking.
Seriously. euthaniseallwhitepeople and thisisnotjapan? That bullshit is their bread and butter.
Holy shit, are you serious? JESUS CHRIST, how am i even surprised tumblr can stoop this low lmao
wtf? its funny because they try to make it not sound racist but the way they describe it is just a synonym for racism like jfc the stupidity. I’ve been on euthanizeallwhitepeople before, i could only look for a few minutes before I clicked away, it was disgusting. Are people really this dense and do they really believe the shit they say? Tbh I think they have to force themselves .-.
I’m convinced it’s all some kind of elaborate troll.
But half the time, they actually believe it.
Hawaii is extremely racist to white people as well, though it isn’t institutionalized like this, but there are a lot of racist hawaiians out there…
Why is it so hard for women to ask for a raise?
When Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella suggested that women should trust karma to get paid what they deserve, he inadvertently confirmed a long-standing problem.
I’m drunk and this is good.
Today is the International Day of the Girl Child. It is a U.N. event with a grand name and a powerful mission. Girls around the world, especially in lower-income countries, often face terrible things, from genital mutilation to child marriage to kidnapping. We asked five photographers, who devote much or all of their time to documenting the lives of global girls, to share photos with special significance and talk about the images.
Top photo: Nine months pregnant, Niruta, who is 14, arrives at her wedding in Kagati Village, Kathmandu Valley, Nepal on Jan. 23, 2007. Niruta moved in with the family of her 17-year-old husband-to-be and became pregnant when they were engaged — considered acceptable in her society. (Courtesy of Stephanie Sinclair)
Bottom photos: Sheldean Human of Pretoria, South Africa, was 7 when she was murdered, then raped, by a stranger in 2007. Furrer photographed her schoolmates: “These two girls represent a situation of incredible pain and loss but they are just so dignified. It breaks my heart.” (Mariella Furrer)
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- I don’t want to be associated with a hateful movement that’s completely been derailed by radicals
- I know for a fact that most feminists are just whiny and can’t take any jokes whatsoever without turning it into an issue. (i.e. calling a brat like Justin Bieber a whiny girl).
- Feminists ARE obsessed with political correctness
- I am NOT blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women, but I also acknowledge that men also face problems in society that feminism continually ignores or disregards
- I will not allow third wave modern feminists to take credit for the accomplishments of women in the past in order to continue to guilt trip me into joining their movement.
- I know damn well and can back up the fact that feminism is not an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity.
- I am not so much concerned with semantics as I am with the fact that most feminists literally do not give a shit about women facing actual oppression.
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists because there literally is no distinguishment anymore.
- I still believe in the notion that feminism is about hating men because feminists have proven time and time again that feminism is about hating men.
- I have done my research and actually do know what feminism is, and I do not want to be a part of it.
- I can see how extremely hypocritical and militant feminists have become to the point where they’re now shaming women for not choosing the way they want them to.
- I think feminists need to grow the hell up and deal with their problems instead of ignoring them and pretending that feminism has not become a seriously flawed movement.
Feminist: Women who reject feminism are ignorant
What she means:
- I am either not aware or choosing to ignore the serious flaws in feminism that have caused women to not want to associate with the movement any longer
- I am projecting my insecurity about the flaws of feminism onto other women
- I am standing on the shoulders of women who have actually fought for women’s rights and taking credit on their behalf, despite my agenda being very different from theirs
- I am a bully who uses manipulative tactics to guilt trip women into staying, very similar to the way many abusive relationships play out
- I do not want women to actually think for themselves and make their own choices about who and what they want to associate with
Teleseminar secrets, yes you too can gain a cult following and fuck up people’s hobbies!
This honestly explains a lot.
Oh, what the fuck…
Well, I mean if you think about it, it all makes sense.
She uses the exact same techniques, it’s just that the tone has shifted to a less aggressive one. That and instead of selling a product, which would require production, she’s selling an ideal. I’m a little surprised we didn’t know about this sooner.
This would also explain why she has so many venture capitalists following her around. I wonder how many of them are in on the joke.
Yeah, it’s not really surprising it just that this shit just keeps getting deeper and deeper, it’s kind of amazing.
The Vijayanagar Empire ruled southern India for over 300 years, from 1336 to 1646. Domingo Paes, a Portuguese chronicler, marveled at how its capital was “as large as Rome and very beautiful to the sight; the palace of the king is larger than the castle at Lisbon.” Another Portuguese traveler, Duarte Barbosa, was astonished at how tolerant its rulers were of people of other faiths. Barbosa explained that Vijayanagar “allowed such religious freedom that every man may come and go, and live according to his own creed—whether Christian, Jew, Moor, or Hindu.” Unfortunately this was the high point under the rule of Krishnadevaraya. His (idiot) son-in-law Ramaraja usurped the throne and then tried to stir up trouble among the Deccan Sultanates. The idea was they would be weakened, and Ramaraja could attack. Instead, they ended their differences, banded together, and wiped out the Vijayanagar army in 1565.
Support section 931 of the reauthorization of Higher Education Act, which makes it easier for colleges & universities to meet its disabled students’ technology needs.